Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Evil of Disney





These are some of my favorite Disney Villains paintings. Along with the Chernabog piece posted earlier. I painted a couple of headshots but I was playing with the way their personalities showed through the paintings. The Hades piece was pretty interesting. My framer for the painting had the idea of actually setting the frame on fire to add to the effect. It was awesome. Looked really cool. Cruella DeVille was fun because I caught the moment when she was driving super crazy in the movie. I tried to make it look as if she was coming off the canvas. I think I succeeded because a few of the gallery workers were scared of the piece. Hee Hee. Maleficent is one of my all-time favorite characters. She has grace with her evil which allows me to pose her in a dignified manner and still emit evil.

2 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Great work !

Unknown said...

We own the Hades original. It's hanging in our dining room. :) VERY COOL! Any idea where the other pieces went? I'd like to get them all if I could. :)