Friday, February 16, 2007

In the beginning there was DCA...


I thought I would start with this piece because it was one of the first pieces that I did at Disney. A whole merchandise program was created around this peice of art. It was the first holiday program for Disney's California Adventure. I like this piece not because it is some kind of masterpiece but because I learned a lot about taking a piece of art (for merchandise) from start to finish. These particular pieces have to be broken down so that one can spread them across lots of different types of merchandise. From mugs to pads of paper to posters to collectible pins and T-shirts. This was also the first time I had done the main piece of art for a program. I guess there is some sentimental value to it. The whole creative process worked its magic(no pun intended), from research to concept drawings, marker comps, final line art, inking and rendering. All done by me. I thought it was a neat accomplishment at the time. It was fun.

No comments: