Saturday, February 24, 2007

Fiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrreeeeee!!!!!!!


This was a sign for a business. The client was a mechanic that specializes in fire engines. Plus he liked that cartoony "Rat Fink" style. What a coincidence, I like the 'Rat Fink" style as well. So I worked up a concept for the piece and the client loved it. I did a final drawing of the fire engine, scanned it in the computer and inked it in Adobe Illustrator. The type I manipulated to several ways. First to get the curve to go around the truck and Second to put in elements of tools. I render the whole thing in Illustrator as well. Some of the effects you see are a combo of transparent colors on top of gradients. So I could get the desired effect. The client was happy with it. The final size of the sign was six feet high by twelve feet across.

No comments: